A legal service for victims and people at risk of domestic and family violence. The service provides:
- confidential legal advice on your legal options
- legal assistance with applying for/changing/extending/removing a domestic violence order (DVO)
- legal assistance with DVO’s taken out by the police on your behalf
- duty lawyer service at the Darwin Local Court
- community legal education and
- referrals to support services and other legal services.
Where: Above Births Deaths and Marriages; cnr Cavenagh and Bennett Streets, Darwin
Advice appointments are also held in Palmerston at the NT Legal Aid Commission office, Shop 6, Goyder Centre, Chung Wah Terrace, Palmerston.
Contact: 08 8999 7977